- PURPOSE OF THIS PROGRAM
Designed to allow students to develop professional skills in Body Oil Massage. This program is an ideal choice for anyone who wishes to begin practicing massage therapy.
If you're still not sure about what we offer, you are welcome to visit us and let us demonstrate how we work. Accept our invitation and come over for a full body massage (90' duration, normal price 60.00 Euro). If you decide to enroll for our course, the 30.00 Euro (50% discount) will be returned. This way, you can be 100% sure that you made the right choice, by testing our skills and evaluating the results on your own body.
a Body Oil Massage session, click here
- DESCRIPTION & DURATION - (30 HOURS / 6 DAYS)
This program aims to teach students the most popular techniques used today by professional massage therapists. Based on the same principals as Swedish massage (the most popular type of massage treatment today), which aims to promote general health and relaxation, improved circulation, stress reduction, detoxification and pain relief. Moreover, in this program we teach many advanced techniques
, and you will learn how to correct your own "body posture"
by using elements of "Tai Chi"
These techniques are used in order to address the most common cases of muscle tension and help the body recover from a wide variety of mild physical and mental conditions. It is ideal for those who wish to enrich their knowledge, with even more advanced and "pin-pointed" massage techniques (Thai Oil massage, Deep Tissue massage, Forearm Dance, Sports massage
Our "Body Oil Massage"
program is autonomous and lasts six days (30 hours, Monday to Saturday, from 09:30 to 15:00).
During this seminar, our students will be introduced to:
- Professional code of ethics in the working environment (Spa / Wellness Salon).
- Client preparation before the session. Physical (posture, muscle tone) and mental evaluation.
- The importance of contraindications and precautions. The use of intake-forms (questionnaire for health, client overall assessment and marketing related elements).
- Our unique method of draping, in order to make our clients feel comfortable and protected during the entire session.
- Basic and advanced connective tissue manipulation techniques from all over the world, including the use of essential oils.
- Deep and Soft tissue techniques for the entire body.
- The benefits and advantages of each and every technique we will learn.
- Basic knowledge about the use of Essential Oils during massage therapy.
- Correct body posture and proper use of our hands, in order to avoid self inflicted injuries.
- Presentation of multiple scenarios and mishaps which can occur during a massage session. How to avoid the most common pitfalls.
- Time and space management. How to make the best use of our assets and resources, in order to be more efficient and productive.
- Necessary accessories, complementary tools, amenities, treatment room preparation, cleaning materials and hygiene, linen, oils etc.
- Basic introduction to Anatomy and Physiology & understanding of the human "Body Mechanics".
- Massage Aftercare advice.
- Pricing and selling techniques.
- Secrets and techniques on how to open your own business (advice & legal aspects).
- How to differentiate and distinguish your own business from all the rest.
- DATES / SCHEDULES - (New courses: ALMOST EVERY MONDAY)
This program will run at least twice a month. As mentioned above, lessons will take place from 09:30
from Monday to Saturday and a 30' min. brake will take place around 12:00. The course instructors will be able to observe each student's progress very closely, since there will be one supervisor for each student! Please contact us for more details.
- SEMINAR FEES
The cost for this seminar is:
Our prices may change at any moment without any prior notice and are exclusive of VAT 24%.
Upon completion of this seminar a "Certificate of Attendance"
will be granted to our students (included in the fee mentioned above).
Please read more about our types of certification.
- REQUIREMENTS - TERMS & CONDITIONS
There are no entry requirements for this seminar, only some very basic and important guidelines which must be followed. We also expect our future students to fully comply with our terms and conditions before they enroll (please read here for more
- WHAT WE PROVIDE
We provide teaching material (90 pages of notes with illustrations!), clean towels, disposable underwear (if required), massage oils. And of course plenty of water.
We also strive to stay in touch with the local Spa industry, in order to help some of our students in their search for employment.
- PREPARATION - WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU (and WHAT NOT)
It is of utmost importance that all of our students take care of their personal hygiene. Long hair must be neatly groomed, finger nails must be cut short and the female students must avoid unnecessary make-up and cosmetics. Jewelry and body piercing items must be removed before class.
Furthermore, our students must always bring along with them: a pair of slippers, a pair of sweat trousers (dark color), a T-Shirt, a pair of clean socks and of course a positive attitude and a warm smile!
Read here for details.