- PURPOSE OF THIS PROGRAM
The purpose of this seminar is to allow our students to develop professional skills in Chair Massage
. This massage treatment is becoming more and more popular due to it's flexibility, mobility and of course it's therapeutic value.
It is a very short program, which lasts about 6-8 hours
and it's intended only
for students who have completed successfully the "Thai Yoga Massage" course. The reason why we put such a limitation, is because our "Chair Massage" course is exclusively based on our "Thai Yoga Massage" course.
- DESCRIPTION & DURATION - (8 HOURS / 2 DAYS SATURDAY & SUNDAY) - CODE: CM
is a short massage treatment and can last from 10 to 30 or even 40 minutes. It is performed above clothing and It is also called Onsite, corporate, seated or even express massage. It typically focuses on key tension areas in the back, neck, shoulders and arms (sometimes the legs and the head as well).
Chair massage is not a new form or massage therapy, but a carefully selected group of techniques, which are borrowed from other massage treatments. The techniques that we will apply in this seminar are borrowed mainly from Traditional Thai massage
. Therefore, we will work on the meridian lines of the back and apply a series of mild stretching
During this seminar, our students will be introduced to:
- Client preparation before the session. Physical (posture, muscle tone) and mental evaluation.
- The importance of contraindications and precautions. The use of consultation cards (questionnaire for health, client overall assessment and marketing related purposes).
- An introduction to the history and the origins of Chair Massage it's benefits.
- The basic 10 energy lines (Sen Sib) of the human body on which we will work through during this course.
- Correct body posture and proper use of our hands, in order to avoid self inflicted injuries.
- The advantages of CM in comparison with other modalities.
- Necessary accessories, useful products, clothing etc.
- DATES / SCHEDULES
The seminar will last only 6-8 hours (depending on the group's progress). This takes place usually on the Sunday
of the same week as the "Thai Yoga Massage" seminar. A 15' short brake will take place in between.
The course instructors will be able to observe each student's progress very closely, since there will be one instructor for every two students in each group!
- SEMINAR FEES
The cost for this seminar is:
Our prices may change at any moment without any prior notice and are exclusive VAT 24%.
Upon completion of this seminar a "Certificate of Attendance"
will be granted to our students. It will be handed on the last day of the seminar.
Please read here about our types of certification.
- REQUIREMENTS - TERMS & CONDITIONS
This short course is only for
our students who have successfully completed the "Thai Yoga Massage"
seminar. We also expect our future students to fully comply with our terms and conditions
before they enroll.
- WHAT WE PROVIDE
We provide teaching material (book in English with notes and illustrations), clean towels and of course plenty of water.
- PREPARATION - WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU (and WHAT NOT)
It is of out most importance that all of our students take care of their personal hygiene. Long hair must be neatly groomed, finger nails must be cut short and the female students must avoid unnecessary make-up and cosmetics. Jewelry and body piercing items must be removed before class.
Furthermore, our students must always bring along with them before class: a pair of slippers, a pair of clean socks and of course a positive attitude and a warm smile!
Read here for details.
- APPLY ONLINE - CODE: CM
If you would like to apply online for this course, please mention it on our contact form when you apply for the other courses-seminars.