Later on they understand what we mean by this, and they recognize that a correct body posture and a firm grip on the floor is what guarantees that everything else will just fall in its place. The result just speaks for itself. A slight change in angle, a minimal rotation towards the left or the right, a little bit more or less force can surely make the difference. One must experiment, practice and never hesitate to doubt, to persist and to imagine.
- If massage is practiced correctly it can benefit both, the receiver and the therapist as well. In Traditional Thai massage for example (where cooperation between the two is a must), the therapist benefits tremendously from the massage session. In other forms of massage, like body oil massage for example (e.g. Swedish massage), the therapist receives a mild "workout" during the session as well. It's easy now to imagine, how massage therapists can complete many complex and long lasting treatments in one single day.
Why don't we offer short weekend courses?
- We sincerely believe that the ideal way to learn the "art" of massage is when the training process has a constant and uninterrupted flow. Without long periods of interruptions and endless, weekday (back to reality) breaks.
- As a "money generating" practice, this would benefit any massage school greatly, BUT we choose to follow the difficult (and "honest") path instead. The period of time which lies between two weekends can cause "blackouts" and therefore, it is for granted that every day that goes by, will be more of an obstacle than a convenience.
- We wish for our students to be successful professionals when they leave us and search for a suitable career opportunity. We know what we are doing and we know what we are talking about. We've seen our work in action and we have seen the results. We wish to teach you based on the same principles, proven methods and practices with which we have also learned.
- As our students, you will definitely receive a return on your investment in no time. You will leave from us with "tools" that will guarantee a successful career. You will learn unique modalities, ready to practice. Nothing confusing, nothing pointless, nothing unecessary. You will know how to assess your clients, how to proceed with your treatments, where to start from and where to end your session. Perhaps this seems obvious to you, but unfortunately for some instructors, these "details" are not worth their attention.