- PURPOSE OF THIS PROGRAM
The purpose of this seminar is to allow students to develop professional skills in Traditional Thai Massage
. This massage treatment is becoming more and more popular in the western world.
It will make students understand more about energy flow and develop a better understanding about the human "body mechanics". This treatment improves blood circulation and energy balance, as it relaxes tensed muscles and ligaments. Pressure points in the body are probed and kneaded. This is particularly beneficial for strained joints, stressed muscles and body aches. The treatment leaves you with a feeling of lightness of being.
If you would like to visit us and let us demonstrate how we work, please accept our invitation and come over for a full body massage (90′ duration). If you decide to enroll for our courses
, you will receive a 50% discount
. This way you can be 100% sure that you made the right choice.
In order to book
a Traditional Thai Massage session, please visit our massage services website and click here
- DESCRIPTION & DURATION - (30 HOURS / 6 DAYS MONDAY-SATURDAY)
The origins of Thai massage date back about 2,500 years. Thai massage is an ancient Thai bodywork system designed to unblock trapped energy and improve vitality by applying pressure along the body's energy pathways. It uses slow rhythmic pressing (with fingers, thumbs, hands, forearms, elbows, and feet) and assisted stretching.
In contrast with other types of massage, Thai massage is not practiced on a massage couch (massage table) but on a special comfortable mat. The pressure is not applied directly to the skin and receivers remain fully clothed during the entire session. Special loose garments are provided for this treatment. We highly recommend this specific treatment for cases of sciatica
During this seminar, our students will be introduced to:
- Professional code of ethics in the working environment (Spa / Wellness Salon).
- Client preparation before the session. Physical (posture, muscle tone) and mental evaluation.
- The importance of contraindications and precautions. The use of consultation cards (questionnaire for health, client overall assessment and marketing related purposes).
- An introduction to the history and the origins of Traditional Thai Massage and it's unique benefits.
- The basic 10 energy lines (Sen Sib) of the human body on which we will work through during this course.
- Correct body posture and proper use of our hands, in order to avoid self inflicted injuries.
Note: This unique form of massage is perhaps the only one of its kind in which both therapist and client must cooperate as a team throughout the entire session. As a result, the therapist gains more or less the same benefits as the client, since he too will feel rejuvenated, physically and mentally relaxed.
- The advantages of TMTR in comparison with other modalities.
- Necessary accessories, useful products, clothing, special mat etc.
- Basic and advanced techniques which are a blend of many variations which exist in Thailand. Deep tissue and soft tissue techniques for the entire body, including both the head and the face.
- Basic introduction to Anatomy and Physiology & understanding of the human "Body Mechanics".
- Massage Aftercare advice.
- DATES / SCHEDULES
This program will run at least once a month. Lessons will take place from 09:30 to 15:00
from Monday to Saturday and a 30' min. brake will take place usually around 12:00.
The course instructors will be able to observe each student's progress very closely, since there will be one supervisor for each student! Please contact us for more details.
- SEMINAR FEES
The cost for this seminar is:
Our prices may change at any moment without any prior notice and are exclusive of VAT 24%.
Upon completion of this seminar a "Certificate of Attendance"
will be granted to our students (included in the fee mentioned above).
Please read more here about our certification.
- REQUIREMENTS - TERMS & CONDITIONS
This course is intended for students who have some prior massage training or even some working experience as a massage therapist, but we often accept beginners as well. Occasionally, we also accept martial arts and Yoga or Pilates instructors, Physiotherapists & Beauticians. We also expect our future students to fully comply with our terms and conditions
before they enroll.
- WHAT WE PROVIDE
We provide teaching material (book with notes and illustrations), clean towels and of course plenty of water.
Detailed information about suppliers of massage related items (Thai massage mats, towels, work uniforms etc.) will be given to all of our students
We also strive to stay in touch with the local Spa industry, in order to help some of our students in their search for employment.
- PREPARATION - WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU (and WHAT NOT)
It is of out most importance that all of our students take care of their personal hygiene. Long hair must be neatly groomed, finger nails must be cut short and the female students must avoid unnecessary make-up and cosmetics. Jewelry and body piercing items must be removed before class.
Furthermore, our students must always bring along with them before class: a pair of slippers, a pair of clean socks and of course a positive attitude and a warm smile!
Read here for details.